What To Know When Hiring A Contractor
Knowing that you can rely on and trust your contractor to do quality work in your home is essential. Before beginning a project, it is important to do a bit of research about the organization that you will be partnering with. At A1, we place a degree of value on transparency and accountability. We collaborate with our customers at every step of the process to show them how hard we work to build a team of contractors with the most knowledge and expertise in our industry.
Having 45 years experience doing Air Conditioning and Heating installations we know what customers expect and need when making the decision to work with a company. We want to offer you some advice on what to know when hiring a contractor.
Request a phone interview with the contractor that will be in your home:
- Find out their past work experience
- Clarify their billing procedure
- Find out previous customers they have worked for
Check the information that the company has provided to you:
- Unfortunately, not all companies can be trusted to give you accurate information. You can double-check the facts you have been given by doing research, asking for testimonials (which you can contact), and by comparing them to their competitors.
Make sure they have up to date insurance coverage:
- A1 ensures that our contractors are completely covered so that no liability is placed on you.
- Some of our certifications include: Ministry of Labour Certificate of Qualification for Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Ministry of Labour Certificate of Qualification for Electricians, TSSA Gas Fitters License 2 and 1, Electrical Safety Authority Authorized Contractor, Ministry of Environment Ozone Depletion Certificate, WSIB, $5 million Liability Insurance, and the TSSA Certified Brasser for Boiler Pressure Vessels
Pick a contractor that focuses their work on the job that you are hiring them for:
- This will help you make sure that they have the relevant experience needed to do a good job.
Read testimonials and ask other customers for information about the quality of work completed:
- A company that freely gives out customer feedback is one that has both happy customers and a good relationship with them. Creating great relationships is something we pride ourselves on, read some of our testimonials here.
Lower Price is not always the best option:
- The lowest price does not always mean the highest quality job or the best customer service. A good company can offer you more value for every dollar you spend (and you won’t have to spend very much if you partner with A1).
Both parties should sign a contract for the agreed services:
- Always have a written agreement that has been signed by the company, the contractor, and yourself. This will act as a binding document and help each group clarify the services being done in the home.
A1 makes it a priority to not only do an impeccable job in your home but also make you sure that customers have a guarantee in place. The SuperCare Protection Program has the best coverage you can get and includes free repairs (parts and labour are covered), annual checks, and a clean and safety inspection. Not only that, our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee gives you your full money back if you are not completely satisfied with the services we provide.
If you want more information about how the services we offer, please contact us.