Your thermostat is often the first place to go when you want to lower your heating costs and believe it or not, you don’t have to feel cold and uncomfortable to save money during the winter.
A cost effective solution to high heating costs it to lower your thermostat by a few degrees at certain hours of the day – you will see the difference on your next energy bill. Here are a couple of scenarios where this works best:
- While you and your family are at school or work.
- Overnight, while everyone is sleeping.
Although reducing your energy consumption levels may be at the top of your priority list, there will likely still be times where you forget to monitor your thermostat. In this scenario, A1 has you covered.
We offer touchscreen programmable thermostats that can be controlled from anywhere.
Features of our programmable thermostats include:
- Adjust thermostat using your laptop, phone, or tablet from any location
- 5 day built-in forecast that helps you plan for your energy consumption levels
- Automated monitoring that sends you alerts when there is any issue (service or maintenance)
- Easy to use touchscreen interface
- Customizable screen; set it to a photograph, artwork, or a colour that matches your décor
If any of these features appeal to you, the VENSTAR’s Colour Touch with Wi-Fi is the perfect solution for your home.
Other suggestions for staying warm without the high costs:
- Check for any air leaks in your windows, doors, or insulation throughout your home. You could be letting hundreds of dollars seep through your home each year!
- Use electric heaters; this cost effective solution might be the right one on days that are not extremely cold or when only a few people are at home
- Wear clothing that is season appropriate