Setting the record straight about duct cleaning
Before we get into the good stuff, it’s important to understand why you would need duct cleaning in the first place.
Over time, air ducts collect a variety of potentially harmful contaminants such as mould, spores, pollen, human and pet dander, viruses, and mites. These contaminants can cause you to experience headaches, nausea or irritation of the nose, throat, and eyes.
Duct cleaning removes these contaminants, effectively improving the air quality in your home.
Now this all sounds amazing, and it is, but we want to set the record straight about duct cleaning… despite what all those pesky duct cleaning salesmen may tell you.
Your ducts only need to be cleaned once every 6-7 years.
There are of course a few exceptions to this rule:
- You have just had a major renovation in your home.
- You have just moved into a new home.
- Someone in your home has a high sensitivity to allergens.
If you think it’s time to clean those ducts, give A1 call. Our 12 Step Duct Cleaning Service is best in class.
A1’s 12 Step Duct Cleaning Service
- 1. Our friendly technician arrives as scheduled.
- 2. We inform the customer of the duct cleaning procedure.
- 3. Our technician answers any questions that the customers may have.
- 4. We switch off the furnace for the duration of the procedure.
- 5. We connect the vacuum trunk hose to an 8” access opening made in the supply ductwork.
- 6. Each supply vent is individually pressure blown with 250psi.
- 7. An Air Snake is used to pull back any loose debris to the vacuum hose.
- 8. An access cover is installed to seal the opening to the supply ductwork.
- 9. Steps 5-7 are repeated for the return duct system.
- 10. Our Fogger Disinfector rids the entire system of biological contaminants while neutralizing unpleasant odors.
- 11. The furnace is turned back on.
- 12. Our technician ensures that everything is put back in place and that the work area is clean.