Less Tricks & More Treats – Stay Safe This Halloween!
Halloween is one of the most fang-tastic times of year! We love to see everyone dressed up in all of their ghoulish galore, and we especially love to sample all the treats. But it’s also a busy time of year and A1 wants to help to make sure you keep yourself and your kids (and your pets!) safe this Halloween.
- Trick-or-treat in your local neighbourhood where you and your kids know the area.
- Always accompany younger children on their Trick-or-Treating adventure!
- Make sure to keep to sidewalks and pathways as much as possible. If there aren’t any, walk facing traffic so you can see any oncoming vehicles.
- Remind your kids to avoid any homes that are dark and to not take any candy that’s been left outside with no one in sight.
- If your kids are old enough to trick-or-treat alone, make sure they have a cellphone to call you if they need, and agree on a curfew.
- Bring a flashlight with you when trick-or-treating or provide one for your kids if they’re going alone.
- Go through all collected candy and discard anything that appears to have been previously opened or is partially unwrapped.
- Make sure decorations are secure and your front lawn is clear of anything trick-or-treaters may trip on or potentially hurt themselves on.
- Try to use battery powered lights instead of actual flames to light up the front of your home.
- If your pet is tagging along on trick-or-treating fun, make sure they are always on a leash.
- If you’re noticing your pet becoming skittish from the strange new sights and sounds, take them home and put them somewhere comfortable and quiet.
- Bring your outdoor cat inside for the evening – they may not be happy about it, but Halloween can be scary for cats and cause them to get hurt or lost.
- Keep all treats out of pet reach! Chocolate is incredibly dangerous for cats and dogs and needs to be avoided at all costs.
Remember these tips and have fun on the most creepy, freaky day of the year!
Happy Halloween from A1 Air Conditioning & Heating!