Guide to choosing the right size Air Conditioner for your home
It’s time to start thinking about an A/C.
Choosing the right size air conditioning system for your home is more important than you might think.
So, what happens if you get a new air conditioner that is too big?
- The unit will use an excessive amount of energy and cause your bills to spike
- The unit will be noisier than desired
- It could create spots in the home that are not cooled evenly; some rooms could be much warmer than others
Keep in mind; the size of your A/C is not solely dependent on the size of your home. There are many other factors that your home comfort specialist should take into account, including:
- Will you be renovating in the future?
- Are you going to change or upgrade your windows?
- Will your renovations include changing the insulation in the home?
The best way to determine if you are getting the right size A/C is to plan for any future renovations or upgrades to your home, and have a clear understanding of what you expect the comfort level of your home to be.
Your home comfort specialist should be experienced with installation in your local area and familiar with the climate. They should also consider:
- The insulation and window quality of your home, so that they can determine the cooling levels that will need to be achieved
- The number of occupants in your home
Choose A1 and rest assured that our specialists will take into account every detail, during every installation.