The holiday season is a lonely time for your furnace. It receives very little attention while most people are out shopping, wrapping gifts or spending time with family, and your furnace is left alone during its hardest working season.
This year A1 Air Conditioning & Heating is recommending we all take some time to appreciate our home comfort system and provide them with a gift this holiday season.
We know what you’re thinking, what could a furnace that has everything ever want from you? Well believe it or not, it wants some help! Canadian winters are especially cold and any help you can lend your furnace will increase its longevity, efficiency and effectiveness. Don’t worry, if you’re still not sure what to get your furnace, we’ve created a list for you.
Here are the top 5 gifts to get your furnace this holiday season:
1. Check, Clean & Safety Inspection – Consider this a day at the spa, your furnace needs something to help it recuperate from the long days at the office. Maintenance will allow you to check up on the health of your furnace and clean out the system to make sure it’s as easy as possible to operate and push air throughout your home.
This one might be a little selfish, because maintenance will also save you money and help your furnace last longer!
2. New Filter – It’s the most popular gift for a reason – every furnace wants one. As time passes your furnace’s filter can build up dirt and debris that cause airflow problems and make your furnace’s job more difficult.
It’s not asking for much, just don’t make your furnace’s job any harder than it has to be.
3. Proper MERV Rating – When replacing your filter, you should always make sure you have the correct MERV rating for your system. If you get a furnace filter that is too resistant, it can restrict the airflow just like a dirty filter would.
4. Nest Thermostat – Nest thermostats are self-programmable and can help you save money in Ontario because of on and off peak pricing. There are some questions about whether or not a programmable thermostat is more efficient, but it can create a schedule where your system isn’t working non-stop.
5. SuperCare Protection Plan – No matter how much you help your furnace, it’s still going to go through some rough patches. When it does, the best thing it can have is a support system like A1’s SuperCare Protection.
Repair and maintenance can be pricey. SuperCare provides you and your furnace with protection on repair and maintenance needs. Click here to see how much you could save!
All your furnace wants is the opportunity to keep you comfortable. Make sure it has that chance with a gift from A1 Air Conditioning & Heating.